Casey from Alpha’s Heir kills it in the kitchen, so we needed to step up our cocktail game. The happy honey bear has a balanced combination of sweetness and alcohol–the perfect drink to go alongside some rich home cookin’.
Image From: http://www.chow.com/
5 shots bourbon
3 Tbsp honey
1 shot Tuaca (easy substitute: 1 oz Vanilla Vodka, & 2 oz butter-schnapps)
1 lemon, juiced (2-3 Tbsp for people without the time/energy/fanciness to juice)
1 shot maraschino cherry juice
8 dashes (orange if you’ve got it) bitters
cherries and/or orange slices for garnish
- Warm the honey in a small bowl (super quick in the microwave, you don’t want hot!) and pour in the bourbon. Mix thoroughly
- Shake the honey-bourbon mix with the Tuaca, lemon & cherry juices in an ice-filled cocktail shaker
- Pour the honey-bourbon, Tuaca, lemon and cherry juices into a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Shake it not unlike a polaroid picture (bringin’ it back) and pour over ice.
- Add the bitters and garnish